View Profile JoSilver

65 art Reviews with Responses

All 215 Reviews

This image is very flat and lifeless. The shading on the guys left arm doesn't make sense, it like it lit from below while the rest is lit from above. Also the girl's eyes have zero emotion to say nothing of her expression. It would seem to me that you as an artist are stuck in a comfort zone and not growing or truly experimenting. Take a drawing class, do some still life experiment with different media, do something outside of your norm, you'll thank yourself for it.

MaouKouichi responds:

Wow, harsh but useful, thanks

Is it the fear of not living up to expectations? At least thats my thought.

TheMarooned responds:

I left it ambiguous so people could interpret it differently. I do enjoy that interpretation though

Yawoza! Really diggin' the use of light to make everything glisten, Well done.

Dynoxter responds:

Thanks!

I like it very pulpy, great use of shadow and light for that extra bit of drama.

Cool beans bro.

Bidium responds:

Thanks man, appreciate it. I was going for that bold noir style look, and maybe a twinge of graphic novel feel.

Eh, I'd do 'er.

Prolly wouldn't get vury far tho.

IkaroKruz responds:

Take off the scissors and you'll be happy.

Wait, she can still strangle you...

Wow this is fantastic!

tailsbuddy responds:

You think so? Well thanks! :D

Now that's what I call fourth Dimensional thinking!

ChazDude responds:

Tee hee :3

My dog is always lying down where he shouldn't be either.

kmau responds:

Well that's one thing they have in common with cats.

Not bad but there are a few anatomy errors. The breast need to hang down no matter how perky they are, otherwise they appear to be one solid mass. Doing so create a sense of weight and volume, heck, large breasts can weigh about 10 pounds each. Also the right side of the hip is too low, I understand that her leg is out and it would cause the waist to pivot but the whole mid section need to tilt and the upper body needs to tilt to the other side to compensate for the uneven weight distribution. Also she has no collar bone.

A good practice when starting an image is to rough out the skeleton, do a figure sketch, it's important to capture the correct action of the subject first. It's important understand how each joint connect to each other and most important of all know where the spine is, If you can't tell how the spine runs down the body the entire image is lost.

SileNt-Sam responds:

thanks a lot man :) i'll remember that next time ^^

There are some nice details, everything has a nice even gradient to it and sharp lines. However it lacks some depth, there are very few dark zones, only highlights. For instance her legs should be in partial shadow but in general darker then then the upper body. It could really make the overall image really pop.

As a whole, it's nice but it's missing something.

SileNt-Sam responds:

yeah i knew something is missing >.< maybe some shadows like you said ..
thanks man i really appreciate it :)

Im a homical Maniac who likes dounuts!

Joshua E Silver @JoSilver