View Profile JoSilver

189 Movie Reviews

Well that's terrifying.

Good Thing I watched this while eating breakfast!

Is gotoAndPlay(2) really that hard to program?

124 Game Reviews

Without a doubt this one heck of a novel and competent game. When it comes to capturing the essence of RE4 This game succeeds in spades. All of the villagers are immediately recognizable and accounted for and for a game jam game it's also mighty darn impressive. That being said, It feels as if more though was put into the aesthetics of the game than the design of the gameplay.

For the most part enemies are largely nicely designed, the female villagers are easy cannon fodder, the pitch fork dudes are a nice subversion of the established rules. The sickle guys are a good obstacle on paper.

The problem arises from the level design's interpretation of challenge. Enemies are largely placed in a way the doesn't provide an interesting challenge so much as its meant to maximize difficulty. Challenge and difficulty are not the same thing. I would consider headbutting a brick wall as hard as I can to be difficult but I wouldn't call it challenging.

Enemies are placed on more than one occasion in such a way that I am convinced there is no way to proceed with out taking any damage. This is compounded by the fact that the sickle guys take too many shots to kill before they start attacking again.

And the final boss, I managed to beat it, but nothing about the fight felt satisfying. The guy just mindless charges at you and barely gives you an opening to shoot him, I don't feel as if I figured out how to beat him, more that I was stubborn to find a way to reliably get a shot or two on him before he turned around.

All of these things are pretty terrible especially with discussing a game that wants to be a demake of RE4. RE4 was a pretty hard game but not too difficult, it was fair in it's challange. RE4 accomplished this not by making the enemies easy but by giving the player choices in how they dealt with every situation. you could go head shots or you could shoot them in the knee. From there you could melee the ganado or you could use the enemies pain state run away or past them.

One way that this could have been incorporated into the game is by say letting the player crouch. Imagine that the sickle guys when shot low fell over, Or if the boss would move the chain saw up and down depending on whether you were ducking or not giving you a small opening to to damage and make the player feel smart for figuring that out.

This is nice game but it's just too frustrating for no good reason. And this is come from some who loves games like contra and castlevania.

Gypopothomas responds:

Thanks for taking the time to write up the feedback, man! I'll have a think about some of this stuff n' make some changes.

It's ok, It's well put together but it's just a memory matching game, nothing too special there.

However the music started to play over itself.

Welp, it's ping pong, it works it's functional.

An A for effort.

22 Audio Reviews

There's just something about this that brings me peace and just melts my soul.

I really like this loop, a lot really.

Now that is what I call...

Sexy AS HELL!

Very nice, bit short though.

Nice...

Excellent voice acting. Each charater sounded very different.

Dmman33 responds:

Thanks, Jo.

197 Art Reviews

These are pretty nice, she's quite cute. I suggest you do learn about compositing. I personally say there are three parts to a great render, The model, lighting and compositing. Apply some ambient occlusion could really help make the details pop!

I like the turt!

Now, I'm going to be perhaps a bit unfairly harsh with you about this piece, But only because you have some potential.

There are a couple things I'd say are wrong with image but none of them are match by the fact that this image is just so unbelievably boring. A boring image on a boring backdrop with such a boring concept. Ash and misty never seen that before, never in my entire life. The flat wall behind them is more interesting.

None of this would be so bad but you actually expect people to pay for this! Now I know people will pay for very little but what do you do different then the thousands upon thousands of artist that charge people for their work. I'd say you honestly do less.

When you reach for low hanging fruit you can't complain when it's half eaten.

The best advice I can give you is be daring! Don't be concerned with pleasing an audience, try something different try something unique. At the very least try to be better than mediocre because to do that you actually have to at least TRY.

ArekusanderuArt responds:

hello JoSilver!! wow how rude hahaha ... well I accept your constructive criticism and your opinion because I believe in free opinion and thought.

If I dislike a bit the way you say that as I hope to sell something like that, I feel it is something hard, maybe I'm wrong in what you try to say, I do not know. If I think that before making any severe criticism like that one has to know more about the person.

The truth never did hentai before, in fact I always did fanarts and never intended to sell it, and as you can see I have been here for a short time, but my life changed, sadly I live in venezuela, I have two university degrees and I work as an Industrial Engineer.

My monthly income is about $ 10 (it seems a lie, but it is), sadly I do not have time to dare, or risk, or anything. My time is now, because my family and I live a day monetarily speaking. The nsfw is what sells the most and is what I do the most. my apologies if what I do offends you, but I do not have another option right now.
I want to clarify that I am not mad with you for your opinion, I respect them. I would only ask for a bit of caution before commenting on someone without knowing their motivations and reality.

And live the free opinion!!! IoI, something that we do not have much in my country at present :(.

Im a homical Maniac who likes dounuts!

Joshua E Silver @JoSilver