View Profile JoSilver

All 215 Art Reviews

65 w/ Responses

MAKE ME A PIZZA!

Wow, I haven't laughed that hard in a while, GREAT STUFF!

It's pretty good, but a few things I'd working your lighting is a bit uneven, it appears as if you're only using only a single area light, thats works well enough but half the battle of any good render is lighting, I'd take a look at a few lighting tutorials to get your feet wet.
Also I'd add just slight bevel on the table, perfectly square coners don't exist in real life so add a slight bevel to a hard surface can make all the difference when trying to achieve a bit of realism.

Keep on practicing and nicely done.

Robotao responds:

hey alright! all good tips!

It's alright, it's cute but I feel like lack of emotion between these two.

Ranarchy responds:

That's actually a very good observation. And yer right.

Thanks for the input

I love the texture of this, I looks sickly and Rotting and just all around unnerving like if I turn my back to this something will be there when I turn back around. Great work!

OOOH WEE! I just adore this picture, Dem hips, DAT LINE WORK! I'm really diggin' her laid-back yet playful look!

I LIKE IT!

I like it, It really makes you feel the moment. It feels bright and mysterious all at the same time. Nice work.

Well, I have to admire anytime someone busts out the marker and crayons... Lord know I don't have the patients for that any more.

bunzart responds:

Thanks lol, did this in my spare time during art class.

This image is very flat and lifeless. The shading on the guys left arm doesn't make sense, it like it lit from below while the rest is lit from above. Also the girl's eyes have zero emotion to say nothing of her expression. It would seem to me that you as an artist are stuck in a comfort zone and not growing or truly experimenting. Take a drawing class, do some still life experiment with different media, do something outside of your norm, you'll thank yourself for it.

MaouKouichi responds:

Wow, harsh but useful, thanks

Is it the fear of not living up to expectations? At least thats my thought.

TheMarooned responds:

I left it ambiguous so people could interpret it differently. I do enjoy that interpretation though

Im a homical Maniac who likes dounuts!

Joshua E Silver @JoSilver